Frimley Lodge Park
Frimley Lodge Park is a 24-hectare (59-acre) site that was saved from development in the mid 1980s. The park won a design award on completion and has been much admired for its beauty and tranquillity. It was originally grazing land and much of the character has been retained. This is reflected in the grass meadows, edged with hedgerows and deciduous woodland. The site provides a valuable habitat for flora and fauna while offering a wide range of leisure activities. The Basingstoke Canal runs along the eastern boundary.
- sports pitches
- trim trail
- pitch and putt
- 2 children’s play areas
- picnic and BBQ areas
- miniature railway - public use usually on first Sunday of each month
- woodland and canal side walks
There is also a pavilion with café and toilets - for opening times and catering enquiries ring 01252 838998.
Green Flag Award
Frimley Lodge Park holds a Green Flag, which is has been awarded five times. The Green Flag recognises and encourages high standards.
Sturt Road, Frimley Green, Surrey GU16 6NS.
- To book any of the pitches for soccer, rugby or cricket ring 01276 707597
- For details of the pitch and putt ring 01252 838998
- For miniature railway details visit www.flmr.org
- Visit the Surrey Heath website
- Contact Parks and Countryside Manager on 01276 707338 or
- Contact Resident Warden on 01252 836970.
NOTE: We advise you to always phone and check details of the attractions listed before making a special journey.
See also the map of the Valley