Blackwater Valley Butterflies is an easy-to-use guide designed to enable people to identify the 32 different butterflies found across various sites in the Valley. Written by Peter Martin, leader of the North-east Hampshire Area Team for the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Branch of Butterfly Conservation, this 52-page, full-colour booklet contains:
- butterfly habitats within the Blackwater Valley
- general information on the life-cycle of the butterfly
- a list of sites to visit complete with annotated map
- information and chart on the different butterfly families
- chart showing butterfly flying periods
- descriptions of all the butterfly species found in the Blackwater Valley
- close-up colour photographs
The booklet costs Ł2.50 excluding posting and packing (UK).
For a copy order it online or send a cheque for this amount, payable to “Blackwater Valley”, to the address below. Please include your full postal address.
Other current publications include: